Tuesday, July 13

For What It's Worth

Last night, I found out that someone I was possibly interested in was still married, but had been separated for a few years. Never before had the subject come up and I feel like had I not brought it up, he may have remained close, but distant and chosen "some other time" to tell me.

This isn't the first time, this has happened to me. Everyone has been lied to by omission. But wrong is wrong and I'm worth much more than that. It seems as though I have gone from one extreme to the other in my dating life and now, it's time to find a HAPPY medium. The key word here is not HAPPY, but medium. Defined as: Something, such as an intermediate course of action, that occupies a position or represents a condition midway between extremes.

This goes for friends & potential lovers. I have been stabbed in the back, lied to the face, and generally mistreated by people because I am so understanding. As a Christian, it is my duty to be this way; but as a human being, I can only take so much. So, I must balance my soul's destination, with my self-preservation. So simple, but not easy... nothing simple ever is, though, right?

I'm trying to find the balance between self-worth that's so high I am all uppity & snooty (like I used to be).... or lower than it should be that I continue to make excuses for people that really have NO excuse.

I'm seeking balance and clarity. I have been blessed with so much, too much to allow some people to continue to NOT appreciate my worth. *bangs gavel* Court is dismissed!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most men out here suck. They don't care how what they do affects you as long as they're getting what they want. Whatever that want may be.