Tuesday, December 27

Resolute!

So here it comes. The new year! People are making lists & promising themselves all kinds of things. New friends, new body, new habits, new attitude. But I have noticed a new trend & I'm wit it!

NO RESOLUTIONS!

I'm down like 4 flats! I will continue my onward & upward movement. Doing what I do & being who I am only better. I'm not cutting people off January 1. Or hitting the gym January 3rd. Or going to read the bible in its entirety by December 31st (or 20 something if the Mayans were right). I decided long ago to improve myself over time & set the bar higher & higher. I know that things get derailed, plans & priorities change & circumstances evolve beyond your control. SHRUG LIFE!

Upward & onward is my motto so resolutions aren't needed. I'm not going to wake up on 1/1/12 and just be a whole other person, that's not even possible. But what I will continue to do is as follows:

  • Calls it like a sees it.
  • Like what & who I like and comment on what & who I don't.
  • Help those in need & not wave a flag, toot my own horn or throw myself a parade every time.
  • Add healthier foods & habits into my lifestyle.
  • Give as much love as I can without expecting anything out of it.
  • Get my culture up.
  • Be awesome...
I'm not saying YOU shouldn't have resolutions... Do what works for you, but just know that lofty goals  often go unmet  & no one really believes you anyway... not even you!
HAPPY NEW YEAR(S) :-D


No comments: