Wednesday, July 13

Keep That Baby QUIET!

It has been almost a month since my last post. I know... I am terrible, but Summertime is so BUSY for me!

ANYWAY!

I just read an article here about banning children under the age of 6 from restaurants. I say good for them! To me it is similar to requiring jackets be worn in some dining establishments. Or saying no children on a wedding invitation. There is a certain atmosphere and air that people want to set.


People have become increasingly more selfish. They act as though THEIR rights are the only rights that matter instead of using common sense & common courtesy. How many times have you been somewhere & thought to yourself: WHY is that BABY here? Several times I'm sure. It seems rules like this, set by the establishments themselves have to be put in place to FORCE people to practice better decision making, plain & simple.

Then there is a difference between ambient noise & children screeching. Someone in the article mentioned the noisy people at the bar. That is not the same thing as a screaming baby.

Too often people think they are the exception to the rule when in actuality they are the reason the rule was created in the first place. You want to teach your kid restaurant manners, do it when he's 7! You want to eat at this SPECIFIC restaurant, do it without the kid or wait til the kid is 7. Common courtesy & common sense just aren't that common.

And don't get me started on the whole violation of rights for certain special needs kids. I don't even KNOW what that's about!

No comments: