Monday, March 8

Lil Mama Moment: He Said, She Said...

In case you missed it because you were doing something more interesting like painting your toes, picking your nose or watching paint dry, Black history was made at the Oscars. Mo'Nique won Best Supposrting actress and was the first Black woman to win the statue for a movie written and directed by Black people. But one great moment in Black history was overshadowed by pure shenanigans from a Mrs. Garrett look alike with a big yap and an agenda, apparently. Now the reason I call it a Lil Mama Moment is because she jumped up on stage like she was supposed to be there & like Lil Mama was caught up in the excitement of the moment... Plus, I don't like KW lol

SHE SAID: What happened was the director and I had a bad difference over the direction of the film that resulted in a lawsuit that has settled amicably out of court. But there have been all these events around the Oscars, and I wasn’t invited to any of them. And he’s not speaking to me. So we weren’t even able to discuss ahead of the time who would be the one person allowed to speak if we won. And then, as I’m sure you saw, when we won, he raced up there to accept the award. And his mother took her cane and blocked me. So I couldn’t get up there very fast.

The movie was my idea. I live in Zimbabwe. Roger had never even heard of Zimbabwe before I told him about this. And you know, I felt my role in this has been denigrated again and again, and it wasn’t going to happen this time.

I SAY: SIT DOWN, TRICK! If things were settled amicably then, why would you not: know who was going to be "allowed to speak"? or be invited to anything having to do with the Oscars? or allegedly be blocked in by his mother?

I am not even going to get into her living in Zimbabwe or WHY! But to insult this guy and say he had never heard of Zimbabwe is basically calling him uneducated. In which case, why would you even want to WORK with him? this whole thing reads like a crazy old cat lady rant!

HE SAID: Only one person is allowed to accept the award. I was the director, and she was removed from the project nearly a year ago, but she was able to still qualify as a producer on the project, and be an official nominee. But she was very angry — she actually removed herself from the project – because she wanted more creative control.


I SAY: That was exactly how it looked. And even if she IS telling the truth, her actions just seem fishy. Either way, it was VERY poor taste on HER part to jack the mic. But very noble of him to smile and acquiesce.
Whoever was right or wrong, lying or telling the truth, Kanye or Taylor Swift, Lil Mama or Jay-Z... the whole thing was a confusing mess! I hope they can work this out MORE amicably!

No comments: